Saturday, September 19, 2009

Teaching Philosophy...

I believe education is a process, which differs for every person and every student. Education has many important components and will take the commitment of teachers, parents, administrators, students, and paraprofessionals. I believe every person is entitled to an education and has the innate ability to learn. As an educator I have the responsibility to provide a classroom environment that gives every student the chance to capture knowledge and progress as an individual. I believe learning should be a fun activity that involves excitement on the teachers and on the student’s behalf. If the students are excited to share the knowledge they have learned, they will retain the knowledge acquired providing them with a concrete foundation to continue to build on. I believe that in order to create this foundation, a balanced teaching approach is necessary. This will include both teacher-centered curriculum, and student-centered learning.

My enthusiasm for teaching started as a teacher. I discovered a new passion utilizing my first career choice and have had incredible support from colleagues and administrators who are also passionate about teaching and life. Students are the reason I desire to teach. I will provide them with an environment in which they may actively pursue education and explore career choices through providing a plethora of materials and information to engage the students in pursing their education. As a nurse I believe that health and healthcare are a vital part of culture. I feel that students will become engaged when they begin to see the relevance of health and healthcare to their lives or the lives of family and friends.

In my classroom experience I have learned to teach a diverse group of students and manage a classroom while meeting the needs of each student. I believe that it is important to provide the students with a safe environment where cooperative learning may take place. These experiences have taught me the importance of maintaining an equitable environment in my classroom and clinical settings that will entice students and make learning enjoyable. I believe discipline needs to be appropriate and consistent in order to maintain an effective classroom environment.

I believe that educators play and essential role in the lives of their students and community. They have the ability to make all learning experiences positive for student’s using effective teaching and clear objectives/ standards. Education is one of the few professions that allow individuals to step into a new culture and learn with every unique group of students. I look forward to continue impacting students and communities for the better as I maintain my commitment to excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment